The Frog Blues & Jazz Annual No 6: Musicians, Records, Music of the 78 era
Update: 2nd batch has just arrived.! It's now back in stock.
Due to an astronomical rise in printing costs, we are publishing this last edition of the Frog Blues & Jazz Annual in very limited numbers – so please put your orders in at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We are immensely proud of this, the last, bigger (even heavier) and better Frog Annual. Comprising of 224 ‘art-house’ pages packed with new research, features and articles by such notable authors and aficionados as David Butters, David Evans, Brian Goggin, Chris Smith, Paul Swinton, Alex van der Tuuk, Gayle Dean Wardlow, Jerry Zolten and many others., plus our popular feature 'American Roots Artwork’ showing some of the incredible work of Max Hoeffner.
There are more than 340 rare photographs and vintage advertising – all beautifully restored. Plus a complimentary disc – featuring recorded rarities, unissued takes and classic blues and jazz performances from the 78 era and beyond.
Took its time, but we told you it was coming!
- Rob Cooper – West Dallas Drag
- Sam Morgan’s Jazz Band – Short Dress Gal
- Chas Creath Jazz-O-Maniacs – Butter-Finger Blues
- Lonnie Johnson – Fussin’ and Frettin’ (unissued test)
- Lonnie Johnson – Tomorrow Night (Paradise version)
- Tommy Johnson – Cool Drink Of Water Blues
- Clifford Gibson – Don’t Put That Thing On Me (unissued test)
- Walter Rhodes – Crowing Rooster
- Joe Robichaux & His New Orleans Rhythm Boys - Saturday Night Fish Fry Drag
- Earl Hines & His Orchestra - Cavernism #B
- Abe Lyman – Weary Weasel
- Memphis Jug Band – Whitewash Station
- Memphis Minnie & Memphis Jug Band - Bumble Bee Blues
- Paramount All Stars - Hometown Skiffle #2 Unissued fragment
- Paramount All Stars - Hometown Skiffle #3
- Roger ‘Burn Down’ Garrett – Eaton Clan (field recording)
- Louisiana Five – Slow & Easy
- Bix Beiderbecke – At The Jazz Band Ball
- Jimmy Blythe – Mister Freddy (previously unheard version from Paramount test)
- Odell Hall – Fragment & Slow Blues (field recording)
- Odell Hall – See My Baby (field recording)
- Jabbo Smith & His Rhythm Aces – Band Box Stomp
- Clarence Williams – Would Ya?
- Cow Cow Davenport – State Street Jive (#A test)
- Wally Trice – Poor Boy Long Way From Home (field recording)
- Earnest Scott – Ain’t Got No Mama Now (field recording)