Contained in this latest issue are 25 of the finest examples of Jazz, Hot dance & Blues vocals performed by residents and visitors to 1920s New Orleans. (This is the long awaited companion volume to Frog CD DGF 5 ‘Sizzling The Blues’) All to be heard in glorious sound and all originally recorded in the City that was the cradle of Jazz.
“Simply stunning!”.. Chris Henderson – The Times.
Compiled and produced by Paul Swinton Transfers & sound restoration by Nick Dellow from the Mark Berresford collection.
Play a sample clip (~1 min)
Original New Orleans Rhythm Kings
1. Baby 2. Never Knew What A Gal Could Do 3. She’s Crying For Me Blues 4. Golden Leaf Strut
Johnny Bayersdorffer & His Jazzola Novelty Orchestra
5. I Wonder Where My Easy Rider’s Ridin’ Now? 6.The Waffleman’s Call
Papalia And His Orchestra
7. Cross-Word Mama, You’re Puzzling Me 8. Sometime When You’re Alone
The Scranton Sirens Orchestra
9. Why Should I Believe In You? 10. Common Street Blues
Piron’s New Orleans Orchestra
11. Red Man Blues 12. Red Man Blues 13. Do Just As I Say
Joe Manone’s Harmony Kings
14. Sadness Will Be Gladness 15. Cat’s Head 16. Up The Country Blues 17. Ringside Stomp
18. Shake It Down
19. Central Avenue Blues
20. Where Have All The Black Men Gone?
21. Sunrise BluesAlberta Brown 22. Lonely Blues 23. How Long Blues
Ellis Stratakos & His Hotel Jung Orchestra
24. A Precious Little Thing Called Love 25. Weary Blues